Monday, October 17, 2016

Remember memory?

I haven't written enough about memory stuff just lately. The upcoming competitions are all taking shape, whenever I get a moment to spare to arrange things about them - I've got next week off work, more because I needed to use up another five days before the end of the year than because I particularly had to be off, but it'll be nice to spend the week alternately loafing around and finalising all the details for the championships.

Also in memory world, I might well be appearing on a very cool programme, on British TV no less, before too long. I was just thinking to myself "I haven't been on British TV for yonks..." when I got the message about this one - am I one of those people who always dreams of being on TV, even at my advanced age and satisfactory levels of semi-fame? Or was it just perfect timing? Whatever the reason, I said yes straight away, so fingers crossed, it'll be fun for everyone!

4 comments:

Lord Muppet said...

I guess I could just look it up...but -- What in the heck is a yonk?

Zoomy said...

If you looked it up, you might find this cool website: http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-yon1.htm - although it only goes on for yonks saying that nobody knows...

Lord Muppet said...

Thanks. That is cool.

Perhaps this blog could be the origin source of some goofy, not quite defined slang words for people living in the 2040's, and beyond!

Anonymous said...

The first word could be zoomy itself. Being zoomed, getting pretty zoomy tonight, you're so zoomy. I was going to do stuff like numbers, but I decided to zoom it for awhile.